Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Changing of the Guards

I only worked in the morning today, so at about eleven I wandered out of the office in the general direction of the British Museum to meet Chris. Along the way I came across a mass of non-British folk hanging out here:


This is Buckingham Palace and I was just in time for the Changing of the Guard, a peculiar ceremony which I have never seen.


So I stopped and watched for a bit.

There were lots of people, so I couldn't see past the gate.


So I decided to keep walking. But the police wouldn't let people cross the street, because apparently it wasn't finished yet.

Finally, across the street, I continued my walk on a gorgeous sunny (if a bit chilly) London day cross town to meet Chris and go to the British Museum to see The First Emperor exhibit.

No comments: